Contemplating on the sun and the sea for a vacation or leisure cruise? You definitely need boat hire services.
But where and how will you start? Even those who have already experienced hiring a sailboat may be surprised to find there are several musts that should never be neglected. And hiring a different craft for the same purpose may be different than your previous experience. Some boat charter agencies do not offer services you enjoyed the last time you did rent a boat. A speed boat hire is likely unalike to your sailboat hire. However different they are, some prerequisites have to be considered, including any or all of the following:
· Do you have the budget to finance the boat cruise?
· What type of boat hire are you setting your eyes on?
· Is it appropriate for the kind of sea adventure you have in mind?
· Are you or your comrades who are going to take the getaway sea-prepared?
· Do you have the necessary provisions for the length of time and kind of cruise you are planning?
· Is there a boat rental agency near you that serves your particular locale of voyage?
· What available packages of services are offered by the boat chartering agencies around your area?
· What does the insurance package cover? And how much does cost? Is it incorporated or separate from the package being offered?
· What are the amenities offered in the particular boat you are hiring?
These and a host of other questions should be asked before embarking on a leisure trip such as the one you are planning. Remember: you are planning a leisure trip, not a disaster or stress build-up trip, God forbid. If you did not ask these questions before you embarked on your last one, you are just lucky it was a success. Otherwise, you will not be planning this next one.
Among the boat rental agencies spread all over your area, also take time to get an idea of their track records, terms of service and how they conduct business, to wit:
· The fees they charge to particular types of boat charter package.
· Coast Guard restrictions and instructional advice that should be in the bulletin boards or travel kits provided by the boat hire agency.
· Weather bulletins and updates which are also very important and crucial information for everyone who sets out to sea.
· Assistants or employees who may be offered to guide the renters on the proper conduct of the adventure such as scuba diving, etc. Boarding the craft by these attendants may also be necessary.
· Emergency precautions and communications facilities insured to be working and with enough power or supply.
Boat rental discussion boards often tend to expose "bad" or unscrupulous operators. It pays to consult such fora in order to be assured of a safe and pleasant adventure.