Planning on travelling for knowledge, to unwind, relax, or recharge? Whatever your expectation for your next trip overseas, here are my top tips for making your trip a smooth one.
1. PASSPORT - Make sure you have a valid passport and required visa permit. Fill in your emergency contact number at the back page of your passport in case of emergency. Before you travel make sure to also leave a copy of your travel document and possible contact number overseas with your family and friends also in case of emergency. You can never be too cautious.
2. LIST - Have a list of things to do before you travel like inform your Bank at your home Country about your oversea trip. Make a list of what to pack and pack appropriately especially during winter or summer season. You can never have enough lists. Also, make sure you don't have banned items like scissors or liquids on your carry-on bags or jackets. Carry a change of clothes in your carry on bag in case your baggage is delayed.
3. HOMEWORK - Learn about the culture and people. Read up about the Country, the dos and don'ts of the area you are visiting. Learn the customs and local practices also important is the knowledge of the current currency conversion rate. Update your vaccination requirement and make sure your medical insurance covers you overseas. Medical travel insurance is a must when travelling overseas.
4. BUDGET - Have an estimate of how much your trip will cost from airline ticket, hotel (number of nights/days, star rating,) airport meet & assist to entry fees at tourist attraction centre's. By setting a budget, you will have a picture of the type of holiday experience you want to have will cost you.
5. DECISION - Decide on which Destination Management Company or Agency to take charge of your sightseeing tours. Ask for the past clients experiences or testimonials. This way you will discover the level or quality of service the agency or tour operator offers. Bargaining and openly discussing what your expectations in a holiday of a lifetime can be an avenue to separate a good travel agency or tour operator from another. Discuss discount offers too. Otherwise, your hotel concierge at the destination should help you with this aspect.
6. CHECK IN - Checking in online will save you a lot of time from airport queue. Do arrive at the Airport early because it is better to arrive early that miss you flight totally.
To your success as you make the most of your trips in 2013.