The most luxurious gift that you can give to you and loved ones is a cruise. It will be the most relaxing and still thrilling experience of your life. Cruising to countries where you will be able to disembark to shop in boutiques and dine in restaurants in foreign cities will create memories that will last for the rest of your life.
For those who will be cruising for the first time, it is important to research all aspects of cruising from motion sickness to cruise etiquette.
Believe it or not, there is etiquette for cruise ships. It is simple guidelines that need to be followed in order to maintain a certain level of order among the thousands of other passengers on the ship.
* Be pleasant! You and your fellow passengers are on a cruise to relax and have fun. Nobody wants to hear complaints or be around a crabby person. People will respond better to someone with a good attitude.
* Manners should be used all the time, however, when you are on a cruise with thousands of other people, using manners will maintain a degree of order and you will not be considered to be rude.
* If you bring your children on a cruise with you, it is important to maintain a certain amount of control. It is natural for them to be excited, however when they are over stimulated, bring them to your cabin to calm them down.
* Dressing inappropriately can offend many people at the same time. Dress appropriately for the function that you are attending.
* When you participate in activities that the cruise ship offers, it is important that you know what time the activity starts and be there on time. You will avoid asking questions that may have already been answered.
* If you decide to see one of the many performances that cruise ships have to offer, it is only good manners not to talk or even walk out before the show is over.
* When you disembark for a day of shopping at one of the ports of call, it is crucial that you know what time to be back. When you are late, you will risk causing a panic or being left behind.
* Be considerate of those around you. If you are a smoker, ask to be seated in the smoking section or go outside to smoke. With the rising concerns of second hand smoke you will avoid being labeled as inconsiderate.
* Listening to music can be relaxing and even soothing. However, not everyone will appreciate your choice in music. Keep the volume down, or even better, wear earphones when you are by the pool or on deck.
* It is an honor to be invited to dine at the captain's table. The whole process is elaborately done with invitations complete with an RSVP. It is important that you respond immediately with your decision.
Cruises were meant for people to relax and have fun, and to meet new people. By following these guidelines, your cruising experience will sure to create memories and possibly friendships that will last a lifetime.